Welcome to Hyde Park School of Dance!
- Registration for Summer Session II has ended. Current enrolled students and adults, view the Summer Session II schedule here.
- Registration for our Fall 2014 session is open for current families! New families may register starting Monday, August 4. View the Fall 2014 schedule and download registration forms here.
- Mark your calendars! Hyde Park School of Dance will be performing on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 6pm with Dance in the Parks at Washington Park, 5531 S. Martin Luther King Drive
The HPSD office is open Wednesdays from 2-5pm, Saturdays from 9am-12pm, or other times by appointment. Stop in to register for class or click on the following links for more information about:
- Class Descriptions
- How to Register for Classes
- Dress Code and Where to Buy Dance Wear
- Our Faculty, Staff, and Board of Directors
You may also visit our FAQ page for answers to a variety of questions about HPSD!
Hyde Park School of Dance (HPSD), welcomes students of all ages whether they are interested in dance as a career or for exercise and recreation. Instruction ranges from Creative Movement classes for three-year olds to Pre-Professional Ballet, Modern, and Jazz. HPSD is known for it's repertoire of original choreography for performance by young dancers. The school’s Youth Company - Tyego Next Generation - trains with Tyego Dance Project, the professional company in residence at HPSD.
“I have always believed that there is a place for anyone who wants to work professionally in dance regardless of height, weight or age. They may find their niche in performing, choreographing, teaching or administration. The key is complete dedication and hard work.”
August Tye, Artistic Director