Welcome to the Company!
Audition for our 2020-2021 Company!
Hyde Park School of Dance invites you to audition for TNG 4, the introductory level of our company program, for the 2020-2021 season!
AUDITION DETAILS - TNG Company 4
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Dancers who have had at least one year of training at Ballet IV or higher are invited to audition for HPSD's 2020-21 TNG Company 4 program!
Want to know more about about joining the company? Need more information about company auditions? Have any other company-related questions? Your 2020-2021 Season Company Directors can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be extra safe in this time of COVID19, we will continue adhering to the Phase 3 guidelines laid out by our City and Governor. We will have no more than 8-9 dancers in the studio at a time. All "in studio" dancers and instructors will be wearing masks; adhering to social distancing guidelines, all will have designated barre and center spaces and assist with keeping our spaces clean. (You can see the video about how we implemented our studio safety plan this summer by going to the COVID-19 Studio Guidelines page on our website.) The TNG groups will be limited to one class and rehearsal a week in the studio and the other class and rehearsal will be taken virtually, so that all company members will have the opportunity for studio time. We recognize that some dancers may decide to stay virtual for both days, which is totally fine. Post Nutcracker we will focus on Student Choreography, learning about filming for dance and collaborations with Community Partners.
TNG Company I
- Top tier of the Company
- Directed by HPSD Ms. Teanna Zarro and Ms. Erica Lynette Edwards
- Tuition includes performance workshop fees, Wednesday company class, Wednesday company rehearsal, Saturday company class, Saturday variations class, Saturday company rehearsal, one additional ballet class of your choosing, and one additional modern class of your choosing. Company members are also eligible for discounted tuition on electives beyond what's included in company tuition.
- Erica Lynette Edwards joined the Joffrey Ballet as a dancer in 2000. She recently left her position at the Joffrey Ballet as Director of Community Engagement. Ms. Edwards will serve as a guest faculty member for the TNG Program. She will teach primarily the TNG 1 Group alternating with Teanna Zarro, as well as guest teach for each of the other TNG Groups at least one time per semester. She will team up with Teanna to choreograph Snow for the Virtual Nutcracker and she will lead us on some diversity consulting sessions as she completes her degree in Human Resource Management.
TNG Company II
- Directed by Ms. Allyson Ratliff with some classes taught by Ms. August Tye to be scheduled.
- Tuition includes performance workshop fees, Wednesday company class, Wednesday company rehearsal, Saturday company class, Saturday pointe, Saturday company rehearsal, one additional ballet class of your choosing, and one additional modern class of your choosing. Company members are also eligible for discounted tuition on electives beyond what's included in company tuition.
- Allyson will choreograph Waltz of the Flowers for the Virtual Nutcracker and coach other variations as needed.
TNG Company III
- Co-directed by Ms. Gayle Ratliff and Ms. August Tye.
- Tuition includes performance workshop fees, Tuesday company class, Tuesday company rehearsal, Friday company class, Friday pointe, Friday company rehearsal, one additional ballet class of your choosing, and one additional modern class of your choosing. Company members are also eligible for discounted tuition on electives beyond what's included in company tuition.
- August will teach the Tuesday class and rehearsal and Gayle will teach the Friday class and rehearsal with opportunities for flexibility in this schedule. TNG 3 will be working on Russian Dance and/or Mirlitons for Virtual Nutcracker 2020. Required Rehearsals and Classes will now meet on Tuesdays and Fridays.
TNG Company IV
- Directed by Ms. Jane Sawyer and Ms. Anna Sawyer
- Tuition of includes performance workshop fees, Thursday Company class/rehearsal, Friday Company class/rehearsal, one ballet class of your choosing, and one modern class of your choosing. Members of TNG IV will also be eligible for the company discount on any additional electives they'd like to enroll in beyond what's included in the company tuition.
- TNG 4 will be working on the Arabian Dance for the Nutcracker. Required Rehearsals and Classes will now meet on Thursdays and Fridays.
We will not hold First Friday Master Classes, although special opportunities may present themselves as the year progresses. TNG dancers will have the opportunity to audition for joint projects with our alumni and community partners South Chicago Dance Theater, Cook County Arts Collective and Nexus Performing Arts Company.
About Our Company Program
HPSD’s Company is a specialized program with an emphasis on performance. Dancers of a certain level who have a strong commitment to their work in the studio are invited to audition for the company each spring. Dancers admitted into the company will find themselves in one of three graduated levels. These company dancers then commit to a year-long calendar of public performance opportunities around the city, as well as to the rigorous training schedules that will allow them to do so at an elite pre-professional level.
Current HPSD dancers must have at least one year of experience in Ballet IVA to audition for HPSD’s company. Dancers from other schools may audition for the company if they are between the ages of 14 – 18. Company members attend special company classes and rehearsals, take on original choreography, and are encouraged to explore their own creativity through dance and choreography.
Whether or not they have a serious interest in pursuing a professional career in dance, participation in the Company program at HPDS provides dancers with a deep sense of accomplishment, facilitates the development of poise and creativity, and strengthens teamwork skills, time management skills, and the personal discipline of body and mind. Taking part in these programs requires a strong personal dedication to dance and an equally strong commitment to working in harmony within a corps of dancers.